1. Open a Dedicated Vacation Bank Account: Set up automatic payments into the account and DON'T TOUCH IT until it’s time to book your trip and travel. Interest-bearing accounts can stretch your dollar further while you’re awaiting your dream vacation.
2. Cut Back on Your Monthly Food Budget: Boost your vacation savings by....Eating at home more, buying in bulk, growing your own produce at home, tapping into grocery rebates with apps like Checkout51 and Ibotta and cutting out items you don't really need, while saving. Dessert tastes so much sweeter on the beach!
3. Use Your Car and cellphone to Make a Little Cash on the Side: Why not use your car for a little cash? You could make additional money as an Uber or Lyft driver.
4. Pick Up a Side Hustle: Work hard now to play harder on vacation! Look for ways to earn extra money by doing odd jobs, let your gifts and talents earn your additional income and tap into seasonal employment opportunities.
5. Sell Your stuff : Turn your clutter into cash! Dust your closets, garages, attics and storage units off and utilize Yard sales, Facebook sale groups, thrift-shop finds on eBay to increase your travel savings.
6. Spend Less on Your Workout: Build your beach body by saving money on the cost of a gym memberships with free or cheap workouts, or downloading free apps like Workout Trainer. You could even get paid to work out by teaching yoga, ZUMBA or leading fitness boot camps. And if you can't live with out the gym look for deals on discounted memberships and classes through your employer or sites like Groupon.
7. Plan Early, Seek Professional help: Contact your travel agent to help you tap into early booking savings, set up payment plans and find unpublished deals!
By: Latecea Brock
Owner & Travel Professional
~Travel2live and Live2travel ~
For travel and booking information contact:
Z-LECTRIC GETAWAYS 2.0
Florida Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST15578 California Seller of Travel No. 2090937-50 Washington UBID No. 603189022 Iowa Registered Agency # 1202
Latecea Brock is a world explorer and Travel Professional with 5 years experience in the industry.